Summer Arts Academy – Intern Opportunities
All high school students are eligible to apply to be an intern for the Summer Arts Academy. The Intern position is an unpaid position, but will fulfill Student Service Learning (SSL) hours, with teacher approval given at the conclusion of the program. All Summer Arts Academy Programs are held Monday – Thursday at BISFA. See dates and times listed below.
Completed applications are due on or before MAY 15, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Each Intern selected is expected to:
- Attend each day of the camp and be available for the full length of the camp.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the camp each day.
- Be prepared to stay until the last student in your program leaves with their parent/guardian.
- Help with any administrative needs that arise during the camp day related to any program offered at the camp.
- Help Instructors and the Foundation staff with instruction, when requested and appropriate.
Each intern may be allowed to participate in some educational aspects of the program ONLY IF all administrative activities are completed.
Summer Arts Academy Dates and Times
|Dance Academy||July 6-9||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Flute Academy||July 6-9||9:00 p.m. – Noon|
|Introduction to Acting||July 6-9||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Photography Academy||July 6-9||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Creative Writing Academy||July 13-16||9:00 a.m. – Noon|
|Photography Academy – Digital||July 13-16||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Playwriting with a Punch Academy||July 13-16||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Vocal Academy||July 13-16||9:00 a.m. – Noon|
|Cardboard Sculpting Academy||July 20-23||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Band Academy||July 20-23||9:00 a.m. – Noon|
|Guitar Academy||July 27-30||9:00 a.m. – Noon|
|Piano Academy||July 27-30||9:00 a.m. – Noon|
|Visual Arts Academy||July 27-30||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|