Alumni Update – April 2019 to present
Feel free to contact one of the class agents or the Foundation office directly to tell us the GREAT THINGS you are doing….keep sending us your news to share.
Class of 2015
- Krista Hastings, a student at Westminster Choir College of Rider University, received the Encouragement Award by the Metropolitan Opera Council.
- Daria Ramos-Izquierdo was named to the Dean’s list for the fall semester at The Johns Hopkins University.
Class of 2016
- Amelia Bickford was featured in Lasell University and Regis College’s production of Children of Eden.
- Aaron Fields was among more than 600 students who earned endowed scholarships at Baldwin Wallace University this fall. Fields is majoring in theatre design and technical studies, earned the Boynton D. Murch Scholarship.
Class of 2017
- Jordan Bryant organized and hosted the Pop Up ‘N Pop Out Shop by UMD’s fashion design club, MasTERPiece. Mary Lungu performed with GW University Singers on their concert Choral Journeys on May 5.
- Jordan Bryant was the star of “A Look at One Sophomore’s Passion for Fashion,” which highlighted her role as president of MasTERPiece, a fashion and business club at UMD. You can see her work as a model and designer on the club’s Instagram page @umdmasterpiece.
- Connor Buckley has a busy summer ahead: in June he’ll be at the Collaborative Piano Institute in Faribault, MN, followed by three weeks in Kiefersfelden, Germany at the International Performing Arts Institute, and then three weeks in Greve in Chianti, Italy working for the Bel Canto in Tuscany program! He also recently accompanied the Ithaca College Choir for their performance of “Considering Matthew Shepard” in the Whalen Center for Music’s Ford Hall, and the Intergenerational Choir in the Hockett Family Recital Hall.
- Connor Buckley attended the 60th American Choral Director’s Association (ACDA) National Conference in Kansas City, Missouri. Ithaca College’s chapter of ACDA was the recipient of this year’s Outstanding Student Chapter Award.
- Max Gamerman travelled with CMU Sahara to the Maryland Minza, Maryland’s first intercollegiate South-Asian fusion dance competition.
- Max Gamerman is this year’s Head Orientation Counselor of Tartan House at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Kaitlin Geisbert married Isaiah Brown on November 24, 2019.
- Carissa Gross will be be going on a missions trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico on June 27-30 with her church, First Baptist Church Tampa. Please consider sharing and donating to her Puerto Rico Mission Fundraiser.
- Cheyenne Herson will be interning with Partners For the Arts Abroad’s London Summer Music Theatre Academy and their Vienna Summer Music Festival again for their 2020 programs.
- CheyenNe Herson accepted an internship with Partners for the Arts Abroad – London Summer Music Theatre Academy and Vienna Summer Music Festival. Cheyenee will travel to Vienna in May 2019.
- Emily Hoffman is raising funds for Saint Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Help her out here!
- Emily Hoffman was elected as President of the Early Childhood Club at Slippery Rock University.
- Carinna Householder made the Dean’s List at Roanoke College.
- Lily Kigin got engaged to Jordan Hill on September 22, 2019!
- Caitlin Lee-Hendricks was accepted to be a poetry TA for her living-learning community, the Jiménez Porter Writers’ House, and completed her creative writing minor.
- Caitlin Lee-Hendricks performed at TEDxUMD Break The Limit as a part of Terpoets, a diverse group of writers who come together to create and share poetry.
- Caitlin Lee-Hendricks won second place for the 2019 Jiménez Literary Prize’s Poetry Awards for her poem “Ode to My Unwell.” All winners will have their work read at Making Waves: Stylus 2019 Unveiling on Thursday, May 9, 2019.
- Allison Miller got engaged to Steven Snyder!
- Bailey Minella is performing in HCC’s “And Then They Came for Me: Remembering the World of Anne Frank” on March 27 & 28th at 8pm.
- Elizabeth Mackley was named to Baldwin Wallace University Dean’s List.
- Katherine Napier got engaged to Jacob Latham!
- Patrick Prunty performed in Shenandoah University’s production of Macbeth.
- Patrick Prunty competed as part of Shenandoah’s improv comedy team The Loaf at the Baltimore Regional College Improv Tournament, where the group won the regional title. The whole troupe flew to the national competition in Chicago, Illinois and subsequently claimed the national title of #1 in the nation for 2018-19!
- Cheyenne Rickett collaborated with photographer Wesley Channell on a beautiful photo shoot—see some selected photos at her Instagram, @lakotachey_.
- Rachel Sink was inducted as a Junior Kappan into the Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education.
- Rachel Sink is studying abroad in the French Alps this summer.
- Rachel Sink has started her internship as a Pre-Service Teacher at Flagler College.
- Rebekah “Beka” Smith and her partner Roniel Flores are expecting a baby, due April 21, 2020. Congratulations to her and wish her a safe delivery.
- Lindsay Vann released several singles including “HML,” “Pink Lemonade,” and “Cornerstore Candy,” available for listening on iTunes and Spotify.
- Lindsey Vann’s new song I Wanna Go to Miami (feat. Sam Stan) was released on all platforms on September 1st.
- Socks Whitmore’s developing musical Pass had a successful staged reading on January 24, 2020. They are also the new non-binary advisor for Ryan Luévano’s developing musical, 57 Bus.
- A staged reading of Socks Whitmore’s developing queer musical, Pass, is available to watch here
- Socks Whitmore is co-producing and starring in the horror-comedy fiction podcast Georgie Romero Is Done For, guest starred on the fiction cooking podcast Elaine’s Cooking Podcast for the Soul, and now has a website where you can check out their growing portfolio!
- Socks Whitmore is interning with L.A.’s Stage Raw as an arts journalist.
- Socks Whitmore got engaged to Evan Johnson!
- Socks Whitmore was cast as Charley in The Bully Problem, a new family-friendly musical that will have its world premiere at the 2019 Hollywood Fringe Festival. The show will have six performances in June at the Broadwater Main Stage and tickets go on sale here May 1, 2019 at 2:00 PM EST.
- Socks Whitmore’s original musical We Are Here, written in collaboration with their partner Evan Johnson, was selected as a winner of the New Voices Project hosted by New Musicals Inc. Music from the show will receive workshops and feedback with NMI’s resident theatre ensemble, the Academy Repertory Company, and be presented as part of the STAGES FESTIVAL in August 2019. On March 21-23, they will also be starring in the CalArts production of SWEAT, an a cappella opera by Juliet Palmer.
- Socks Whitmore was accepted into Ring of Keys, an organization of queer womxn and trans/nonbinary theatermakers, and is also one of 11 accepted individuals of this year’s Emerging Arts Leaders/Los Angeles Protégé mentorship program!
- Amelia Workman was a part of “A Magazine” (a culture, fashion, and beauty student-run magazine) this past semester.
- Amelia Workman will be a marketing intern this summer at the Contemporary American Theatre Festival in Shepherdstown, WV. She will also change majors next year to Applied Communications, focusing on journalism and PR, and obtain a theatre performance minor.
- Amelia Workman will be a KSU tour guide starting in the fall.
Class of 2018
- Megan Giffin performed a serious role in the one act play “The Informer” at Shippensburg University.
- Eve Stanley is in her Sophomore year at Shenandoah University Conservatory for Dance and has just been accepted for a six week internship in Barcelona Spain through an organization called “Performing Arts Abroad”. She’ll be starting in June 2020.