Your support is immeasurable. The impact of philanthropic gifts goes beyond the classroom and far beyond the high school experience. When a student receives a much needed scholarship, a new musical instrument, art supplies they could not otherwise afford or an experience to meet and study with an accomplished artist, their trajectory into the future shifts. Their sights are set just a little higher and their ambition to succeed is boosted.
NURTURE THIER PASSION…SUPPORT THIER TALENT
YOUR GIFTS AT WORK
- Over $53,000 grant dollars awarded in 2022-2023.
- Computer Game Development & Animation – Every grade level produced fully-functioning games, stylized artwork, and compelling soundtracks that can be found on the cgda.us website.
- Creative Writing – Senior students attended the Association of Writers and WritingConference in Seattle, WA. Students also published original works sold at Barnes and Noble.
- Dance – The entire department attended a Pittsburgh Education Tour participating in the Titans of Dance Conference. Students also took a variety of master classes at Shenandoah University and participated in a recruitment day with SU adjunt professor Daniel Padierna.
- Instrumental – The department purchased a new piccolo as well as a new sound system and drum kit for performances.
- Theatre – Students took a trip to NYC and participated in acting and stage workshops and saw a Broadway show. They participated in an acting workshop taught by Dale Stein for her one-woman show Fresh of Breath Air.
- Photography & Cinematography – Students worked all year on their One Location Film Project with guest artist Randall Lawrence to submit original pieces in the Maryland International Film Festival. Students toured MICA and took master classes on cameras and the darkroom process. They worked with guest artist Saskia Kahn on a portraiture workshop.
- Visual Arts – Students toured MoMA and the Met Galleries in NYC as well as the National Cathedral in Washington D.C. The students used these trips as inspiration for class projects and their portfolios.
- Vocal – Students participated in a community performance of Handel’s Messiah. The department purchased new sound equipment and resources to prepare for MMEA performances.