Your support is immeasurable. The impact of philanthropic gifts goes beyond the classroom and far beyond the high school experience. When a student receives a much needed scholarship, a new musical instrument, art supplies they could not otherwise afford or an experience to meet and study with an accomplished artist, their trajectory into the future shifts. Their sights are set just a little higher and their ambition to succeed is boosted.
Thank you for helping the Barbara Ingram School for The Arts achieve more for our students!
YOUR GIFTS AT WORK
- The BISFA film society was established. The group studied and discussed dozens of films to build analytical skills. The group also organized the year’s capstone project, “Do What Moves You” free public event – a venue for students from every discipline to showcase their work.
- Computer Game Development and Animation (CGDA) – Every grade level produced fully-functioning games, stylized artwork and compelling soundtracks that can be found on the www.cgda.us website.
- All students and faculty attended the Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP) Conference 2021 (virtual). This is the largest writers’ conference in the country where students interact with professional writers and participate in college level programs.
- The entire dance department participated in a Master Class with hip hop performer, Neal Carter and Broadway star, Major Attaway.
- Instrumental and vocal departments combined efforts on a Musician Wellness Residency in collaboration with leading experts on performance-based stress.
- Theater students recorded auditions of themselves to become more aware of the reality of auditioning. Students also launched a Living Newspaper and Reminiscence Theater Project. They wrote screenplays and performed historical events of social significance.
- Visual Arts students created original cityscape acrylic paintings in a workshop taught by acrylic landscape expert, David Bottini. The 4th floor balcony was updated to provide outdoor space for creating within an open environment with natural light.