All Washington County students in grades 5, 6 ,7 and 8 who have demonstrated an interest in the visual and performing arts are invited to submit an application of interest to participate in our Arts Exploration (Formerly known as the Center for Artistically Talented Students “C.A.T.S.” program).
The Arts Exploration program offers three sessions per year (Fall, Winter, and Spring) for four consecutive Saturdays each at Barbara Ingram School for the Arts.
Artistic Areas of Interest
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music (brass, woodwinds, strings, percussion, guitar)
- Theatre Arts
- Visual Arts
Winter 2022 Session
February 19th, 2022 - 9 am to Noon
February 26th, 2002 - 9 am to Noon
March 12th, 2022 - 9 am to Noon
March 19th, 2022 - 9 am to Noon
- Students will select a primary interest area for the four-week session.
- Students selected will be expected to be present at all four sessions.
- Student enrollments in each area (except instrumental music) will be limited to 20 students. Instrumental music students will be selected from the six instrumental groups to promote a balanced ensemble.
- When the number of applicants exceed enrollment limits, a lottery system will be used to select students for participation.
- There is no charge to participate in the Arts Exploration program.
- Parents/Guardians will provide or arrange student transportation to and from the Saturday sessions.
Application deadline for the Winter Session is January 14, 2022. You will be notified of your students’ acceptance via email by February 1, 2022.
Please use link below to fill out the Winter Application