Thank you for enrolling your child in our annual Summer Arts Academy this year!
We would like to welcome any new students joining us for the first time and for our returning students … welcome back!! Below please find valuable information to prepare your child for the first day of camp.
Daily Arrival at BISFA
- We ask that each child be accompanied into Barbara Ingram School for the Arts for the first day of camp by their parent or guardian.
- Parking garages are within walking distance for the first day and any other day where you may need to escort your child in or out of the school.
- Doors will open 15 minutes prior (8:45 a.m.) to the start of camp each day. Please do not drop your child off before this time, since the building will be locked.
- Students will enter the building each day through the lobby (look for our sign on the sidewalk in front of the entrance!) They will remain in the lobby until the Instructor/Summer Intern comes to get them and takes them to class.
- Pick-up time for half day academy is promptly at 12:00 p.m. and full day academy is promptly at 4:00 p.m.
- Students will need to remain inside in the lobby area until their parent/guardian arrives to pick them up. Should your child be allowed to walk home at the end of their session, you will need to provide a note in writing, stating they have your permission to walk home.
- Please dress in comfortable and appropriate school attire.
- Dance Academy Students: please wear jazz/dance pants or capris (no shorts) – black preferred, form fitting tank top (no bulky t-shirts) – black or solid colors only. Students should bring ALL their dance shoes.
- Students, instructors, interns, and staff can wear a mask in the building, in common areas, and in the classroom if that makes them most comfrotable. If COVID protocols change by June, this may be adjusted. We will have extra masks available and the building will be stocked with hand sanitizer if needed.
- Each program will run Monday – Thursday. There are NO Friday sessions.
- If your child is participating in an ALL-DAY academy, please have them bring their lunch and a water bottle.
Please contact the BISFA Foundation at 240-347-4934 or email@example.com should you have any questions.